The Kvarken Council EGTC has appointed Behavioral Scientist Ms Veronica Berg as Development Manager from January 1st, 2022. The position is located in Umeå, Sweden
Development Manager in Umeå, Sweden
The Kvarken Council EGTC has appointed Behavioral Scientist Ms Veronica Berg as Development Manager from January 1st, 2022. The position is located in Umeå, Sweden.
Ms Berg’s role will consist in half of duties related to the Kvarken Council’s activities and in half of executive tasks within Föreningen Norden Västerbotten. In other words, the employment relationship is carried out in cooperation, whereby the post is a full-time position. This also grants the Kvarken Council its first employee on the Swedish side in a long time.
The Development Manager, led by the Director, will concentrate on issues that affect the Kvarken Council’s members and membership care, initiate and assist with project applications, participate in the design and implementation of the Kvarken Council’s strategies, and exercise lobbying regarding cross-border topics and Nordic cooperation issues at regional, national, Nordic, and European levels. In addition, Ms Berg will assist the Director in preparatory work for the Council’s Board and general annual meetings, and she may also function as the Director’s suppleant.
– This has been a lengthy process with several highly qualified applicants, which is why it’s rewarding to finally present Veronica as our new Development Manager, says Mr Mathias Lindström, Director of the Kvarken Council.
– A representative on the Swedish side has been on the agenda for a long time, and Veronica’s profile is exactly what we’re looking for. She has knowledge of regional and municipal issues, is familiar with politics and its functioning, has an established contact network, and possesses significant social competence. She’s also a motivated team player and will fit in just fine in our organization, Mr Lindström continues.
In terms of Föreningen Norden, Ms Berg will develop the association’s activities in Västerbotten’s municipalities and gather the county’s organizations for increased contact with both Norway and Finland, all under the Board’s direction.
– This full-time position is the long-awaited result of enhanced cooperation between Föreningen Norden and the Kvarken Council and signifies the establishment of an office in Umeå.
– It’ll be exciting to work with Veronica and jointly strive to improve contact between people in the Nordic countries, continues Mr Sven-Olov Edvinsson, Chairman of Föreningen Norden Västerbotten.
Ms Berg currently works as a Political Secretary for Region Västerbotten, with experience in both regional and local politics.
– I’ve always worked with people and connected ideas and contexts because I know that together we’re always stronger. This also applies to municipalities and areas surrounding the Kvarken region. I’m looking forward to contributing to the growing number of members in the Kvarken Council so that we can become one of Europe’s most integrated regions with strong growth and development, Ms Berg states.
The Kvarken Council EGTC has employed Master of Political Sciences Ms Ida-Maria Huuhka as Communications Assistant from November 22nd, 2021. The position is located in Vaasa, Finland.
Communications Assistant in Vaasa, Finland
The Kvarken Council EGTC has employed Master of Political Sciences Ms Ida-Maria Huuhka as Communications Assistant from November 22nd, 2021. The position is temporary and part-time and located in Vaasa, Finland.
– We run numerous projects and have an active role in the dissemination of information in most of them. In addition, more and more organizations are joining our ranks at a steady pace. We have chosen to increase our communication efforts in order to guarantee transparent and current information about our organization and the projects we’re involved in as well as to more efficiently spread project results and information about our activities. The goal is to involve and inform a growing number of people of this interesting and dynamic region, of what’s going on and what we’re working for, tells Ms Johanna Häggman, the Kvarken Council’s Communications Manager.
Ms Huuhka will actively focus on the dissemination of information regarding e.g. Kvarkenfest, the Kvarken Council’s cultural festival celebrating the organization’s 50th anniversary in 2022. Moreover, Ms Huuhka will be involved in projects and assist the organization with her strengths.
– It’s incredible to get the chance to work for the Kvarken Council. I’ve worked with cross-border projects in the past, but I’m eager to develop my knowledge even further. Communication is close to my heart, and I want to help spread information about the Kvarken Council’s important work, tells the Kokkola-born Ms Huuhka.
We welcome both Ida-Maria and Veronica into our working community and rejoice over new forms of cooperation with Föreningen Norden Västerbotten!