TO STRENGTHEN THE CONTACTS IN THE REGION
Apply for a travel allowance from the Kvarken Council for activities, events, and projects that strengthen contacts between the countries in the Kvarken region.
The Kvarken Council’s travel allowance and support for grassroots cohesion
The Kvarken Council may grant a minor travel allowance for activities, events, and projects that strengthen contacts between the countries in the Kvarken region.
Economic support for cross-border activities is most often granted in the form of the reservation and payment of the participants’ ferry trips, but other support may also be considered for a valid reason.
How to apply for a travel allowance:
Write a short and free-form application, and remember to include the following information:
- Describe the activity and how contacts with the country of visit’s inhabitants will be established
- Date, destination, and preliminary programme
- Budget estimate
- Other funding channels and proposals on how the Kvarken Council can contribute to the trip’s funding
- Contact information
Send the application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “ALLOWANCE APPLICATION”. Recipients of the allowance are chosen annually on March 31st and August 31st.
Travel allowance conditions and rules
- The allowance is nonrecurring and cannot be sought for the sustainment of operations.
- Travel allowance may be applied for twice a year, with the deadline for applications on March 31st and August 31st.
- The allowance may be applied for in Finnish, Swedish, or English
- In return for our funding contribution, the Kvarken Council’s logo must be included in all informational materials and the Council’s role as a co-financier of the activity, event, or project must be made clear in the materials. Examples of such materials include programme sheets, websites, invitations, press information or similar.
- The Kvarken Council’s logo for the use in information materials may be downloaded from the pressroom.