Robert Gordon University, United Kingdom
University of the Highlands and Islands, United Kingdom, Kenozero National Park, Russia Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust, Northern Ireland Ulster University, Northern Ireland Region Västerbotten, Sweden Kvarken Council, Finland
Interreg Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme € 999,757.47 of ERDF
For more information
StoryTagging creates a digital platform for stories – Northword
The project partners will gather stories and transfer them to a digital platform, both in text and audio form. The digital platform will contain stories and a knowledge bank on digital marketing and markets. In addition, the project will provide economic support for a small number of creative actors who wish to create a new product or artwork connected to the stories. The project’s target group are small and medium enterprises, organizations receiving business support, and others. The project focuses on entrepreneurship, with the goal of expanding the entrepreneurs’ market reach. The aim is for the digital platform to continue as a non-profit business model after the completion of the project and be available to actors within the NPA programme’s geographical area. The digital platform is called Northword.
StoryTagging has three key objectives:
• Gather and organize stories that celebrate northern cultural heritage.
• Help the creative industry to bring stories to life with products and artworks.
• Create a digital platform to expand the market reach of creative actors in the North.
The project has been made possible with a combination of expertise from:
• RGU: s School of Creative and Cultural Business
• Computing Science and Digital Media
• Gray’s School of Art
• University of the Highlands and Islands
• And international partners from Northern Ireland, Finland, Sweden, and Russia.